Friday, March 26, 2010

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,...

Yesterday was ONE of the Greek Independence Days. I have never really seen day drinking here before, but by midnight, the town was silent.

I didn't go out during the day. Instead, Mixalis and I stayed home and made stuffed tomatoes and peppers. DELICIOUS. After dinner, my Greek lesson... Haha. Or something like that. I can now count to 20, say: go inside, go outside, go upstairs ;), go dowstairs, get out, kiss me... Of course, I still remember the basics from years past, such as: Hello, Goodbye, Please, Thank You, You're Welcome, Cheers! and of course, all the words to pick up a man and have sex in Greek. Now, I would share with you all, but I haven't learned to read or write yet, so hopefully soon.

After my lessons and a couple of cocktails at home, we met Panos and a couple of his friends from Athens at Bar Lola. Great spot! I went to bed pretty early (2:30), but still woke up with a wicked hangover.

Today, Mixalis and I went to look at what was going to be my new apartment, but the crazy landlady had rented it. I saw a second place with a great view, but it is not ideal of accomodating guests. So, tomorrow the search continues.

Oh yeah... And more texts from Thanos today. Most were lost in translation, but the general message was that he wants me to come to Athens. Keep in mind, I have spoken bad Greek and broken English to this person, then shook his hand. The guy is cute and all, but damn... Take off the full court press. I shouldn't be surprised... most Greek men I have encountered over the years have been like that. So bizarre. Anyways, I will not be going to Athens. He also sent a picture that I couldn't open. Being that he is Greek, I have a pretty good idea of what it could be of, so I am either really happy or really disappointed that I didn't see it. For the record guys: Don't send pictures of your penis... Regardless of how proud you might be, we just show everyone and laugh at you for sending... You only embarass yourself. AND it is straight up TACKY.

Until tomorrow.

Geia mas!

1 comment:

  1. EEEewwwww... pictures of man parts on your phone don't empress anyone. I'm with you Chickie Chiquita. On the opposite side of the spectrum why is it guys like pictures of our breasts? Guys, love um' & can't always leave them.

    ReplyDelete